PERIOD ENDING MARCH 2018
Feedback for School Community Programme Investors
This feedback content focuses on the following:
- Website Statistics (1 March 2018 – 31 March 2018)
- Teen Magazine
- Coding revamp of the School Community national platform and its sub-domains
- One Family One Meal One Day Campaign
- Career Portal
- Action Plan – Roll out of school platform
- Promoting The School Community Program
Graphic illustration of website statistics (www.schoolcommunitysa.co.za) for the period 1March2017 – 31 March 2018 is displayed below:
THE TEEN MAGAZINE
- The teen magazine is entitled The Teen Room and is published every quarter.
- This section of the website consists of articles specific to teenages.
- The Teen Room was created to increase traffic to the site and create and initial introduction to teenages of the School Community, which they will be aware of when learning videos are made available on the site.
- This project has been placed on hold as funding is currently being raised to fund the project.
- Coding revamp of the School Community site is required to accommodate technological advancements.
- This will not affect the front-end of the national platform.
- The coding revamp will promote efficiency in managing the platforms.
ONE FAMILY ONE MEAL ONE DAY CAMPAIGN
- In collaboration with Food Forward SA, DPMP (the owner of The School Community Programme), is currently raising funds to feed 14.5 million South Africans that go hungry every day, through the sale of sanitizers.
- Proceeds from this initiative will also be allocated to The School Community Programme to provide funding for the resources required to infiltrate the schools and manage the platforms.
- A total of 1.45 billion sanitizers need to be sold. With Ms Africa 2018 as the Campaign Ambassador, the programme is gaining momentum and achievement of targets is monitored extensively. From the sale of every sanitizer, R1 is allocated to DPMP with 50c thereof being allocated to The School Community programme which will generate revenue for the programme investors. This ultimately means that if targeted sales of 1.4 billion sanitiziers are achieved a total of R725 million will be injected into the School Community Programme, which will result in R108 million being made available for distribution to the programme investors. This would mean that R108 million would be set aside for distribution to programme investors according to their percentage allocations. The targeted timeframe for achievement of the sales target is 6 months.
- Follow the campaign on Facebook www.facebook.com/onefamilyonemealoneday
- Examples of sanitizers are displayed below:
CAREER PORTAL ON www.schoolcomunitysa.co.za
- This offering is targeted at professional bodies, associations and institutes and is revenue-based.
- It is an excellent portal for awareness.
- Programme investors will also benefit from this revenue.
ACTION PLAN – ROLL OUT OF SCHOOL PLATFORM
- 21 Schools in the Germiston area have been identified for targeting, as illustrated below:
- From the 21 schools identified, the following 6 schools will be targeted:
Hoerskool Goudrift, Primrose Primary, Vryburger Hoerskool, Primrose Hill Primary, Sunnyridge Primary, Afrikaanse Germiston Hoerskool
- A list of daycares are currently being targeted.
PROMOTING THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY PROGRAM
- Branded gazebo for events was done.
- Linkedin profile for The School Community was created and currently has 698 connections, comprising of principles, teachers and faculty deans. This social network will be used to communicate with relevant stakeholders in the education sector.
- Facebook account for The School Community is active. Posts will be loaded more consistently and an advert placed on facebook to make parents, teachers, principles and other stakeholders in the education community aware of The School Community.
- Mobile app promoted via twitter, facebook, whats app and Linkedin.
All questions and comments can be directed to email@example.com