The department of basic education will be releasing the class of 2017 National Senior Certificate matric results on 5 January 2018.
In 2017, 803,636 pupils registered to write the matric exams, of which 634,527 were full-time, while 168,109 were part-time candidates. These include 104,001 matriculants who were pushed through despite failing Grade 11.
The Independant Examination Board (IEB) Exam results will be available from midnight 3 January 2018. The IEB offers examinations for various client schools, mostly private schools.
The IEB boasted a matric pass rate of 98.67% for 2016, up from the 98.30% in 2015.
How to get your results
Learners can access their results (or register to receive them) in the following ways:
- Learners can access their results directly by logging onto the Department of Basic Education’s website here. Alternatively students who took the IEB examinations can access their results from the IEB website here.
- A number of online news websites will publish the results, including News24’s Matric Results page, which offers learners a chance to win R10,000.
- Learners can also sign up to the SABC’s SMS service: SMS the learner’s ID and Student number to 35658 or dial *120*35658# to register. The SMS will tell learners if they have passed or not, while the USSD system (*120*35658#) will deliver the more detailed results.
- For learners who do not have access to the Internet or a cellphone, the results will also be available in the morning papers, as well as from the schools or learning facilities at which the exams were written.
- You can also contact the Department of Education directly by dialing 082 152 to receive your matric results.